Click to Download a PowerPoint Overview About the RUC
- Top 9 Health Care Systems in the World
- In the Eyes of Medicare, You're a 99223
- Connecting the Dots: How Anticompetitive Contracting Practices, Kickbacks, and Self-dealing by Hospital Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) Caused the U. S. Drug Shortage
- How Many Referrals Is Too Many?
- Four Perfect Questions
- Will Employers Favor Private Exchanges Over Coverage Sponsorship?
- Developing a Coordinated, Considered Response to Predatory Health Care
- How Business Can Save America from Health Care
- Would A Single Payer System Be Good For America?
- Klepper Interview, Midwest Business Group on Health Conference, Chicago, 4/30/14
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Will Employers Favor Private Exchanges Over Coverage Sponsorship? wp.me/p15xfV-2kW 6 days ago
- Develop a Coordinated, Considered Response to Predatory Health Care wp.me/p15xfV-2kR 1 month ago
- How Business Can Save America from Health Care wp.me/p15xfV-2kM 3 months ago
- Would A Single Payer System Be Good For America? wp.me/p15xfV-2kK 5 months ago
- Klepper Interview, Midwest Business Group on Health Conference, Chicago,@4/30/14 wp.me/p15xfV-2kI 5 months ago
- Klepper Interview – World Health Care Congress 4/07/14,@DC wp.me/p15xfV-2kG 5 months ago
Category Archives: Benefits
Brian Klepper Published 6/09/14 in Employee Benefit News One of America’s most enduring mysteries is why the organizations that pay for most health care don’t work together to force better value from the health care industry. We pay double for health … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Posted 12/02/13 on Medscape Connect’s Care and Cost Blog The catchy title of a recent Harvard Business Review Blog post, The Big Barrier To High Value Health Care: Destructive Self-Interest, suggested that the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is forging arrangements … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Posted 11/17/13 on Medscape Connect’s Care and Cost Blog Recently I was asked to intervene on behalf of a patient who, trapped by circumstance, was paying off an enormous bill for a lithotripsy procedure. What I uncovered wasn’t news, but … Continue reading
Brian Klepper http://email@example.comQ5Savfkkqo@.2a59c1b3!comment=1 Posted 10/10/12 on Medscape Connect’s Care & Cost Blog When an employer sits down with his health care partners – broker, health plan, physician, hospital, drug and device firm, health IT firm – everyone but him wants health … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Published in the Columbus, GA Ledger-Enquirer on Sunday, 9/15/13 I recently was privileged to deliver a keynote at the Greater Columbus Chamber’s Healthcare Symposium. I get invited to meetings like this around the country because I lay out … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Published August 1, 2013 in the Self-Insurer One of health care’s deeper mysteries is why third party administration (TPA) firms remain minor health plan players and, to a large degree, have been all but uncompetitive with the major … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Posted 5/09/13 on Medscape Connect’s Care & Cost Blog On a recent call with a large manufacturer, my company’s team expected to describe how we develop primary care medical homes that become platforms for managing comprehensive health care clinical and financial … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Posted 4/07/13 on Medscape Connect’s Care & Cost Blog Last week I visited with Gary Rost, an unassumingly knowledgeable man and the Executive Director of the Savannah Business Group (SBG), arguably one of the most effective health care coalitions … Continue reading
Brian Klepper This beautifully written letter was forwarded after an interview with me on health care cost appeared in a Florida newspaper. Many of us with coverage often think in abstract terms about working families that do not have access to employer-sponsored … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Posted 2/15/13 on Medscape Connect’s Care & Cost Blog Health care’s purchasers crave certainty. But complexity – and therefore uncertainty – rules. Assurances are hard to come by. The most common question asked by prospective clients of my onsite clinic/medical … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Posted 1/7/13 on Medscape Connect’s Care and Cost Blog “How many businesses do you know that want to cut their revenue in half? That’s why the healthcare system won’t change the healthcare system.” Rick Scott, Governor of Florida Former … Continue reading
Brian Klepper Published 12/09/12 in the Eau Claire, WI Leader-Telegram Note from Brian: This piece appeared last weekend in the Eau Claire, WI newspaper, and was written with the encouragement of employers in that community who, rightly, believe they’ve been … Continue reading